[AG-TECH] AccessGrid on a bootable live cd (Knoppix) : certificate question

Joseph joseph at cs.usyd.edu.au
Wed Aug 4 21:43:48 CDT 2004

Hi

Thanks to the fact pointed by Thomas, I've found where was the trouble and
AccessGrid works now as required. Thanks a lot.

For the issue of which certificate to install, what about an Identity
Certificate for a user named Knoppix ? The passphrase would be given with
the bootable live cd so everyone could try AccessGrid at home easily. The
email would be something like knoppix_at_vislab... It would only mean than
we don't really know who's behind the user named knoppix and that the
multiple users knoppix could be connected at the same time. However, we
would already know that it is someone with a bootable live cd who is
connected. So, do you agree to do it this way ?

Otherwise, if the option of the Anonymous certificate is choosen, it would
be great that each lobby allows some rooms to be used by the people with
anonymous certificate. It would however require some people to work on
theirs lobbys' configuration and it may take some time.

So, what do you think of it finally ?

The iso of this knoppix will be avalaible to download as soon as we have
resolved the issue of which certificate to install.

Cheers,
     Joseph