[AG-TECH] AccessGrid on a bootable live cd (Knoppix) : certificate question

Markus Buchhorn Markus.Buchhorn at anu.edu.au
Tue Aug 3 00:23:53 CDT 2004

At 02:26 PM 3/08/2004 +1000, Joseph wrote:
>I've recently worked on putting AccessGrid2.2 on a bootable live cd called
>Knoppix.

Nice! :-)

>It works well, except for one last trouble : the certificate. In
>fact, when I build the iso, I can't launch AG, so I can't configure the
>certificate in the normal way before burning the cd. So, each time I boot
>with my cd, I have to import a certificate (and define a profile).

One of the things we talked about a while back was a bootable cd for the OS/code and a USB memory stick (or flash drive, or whatever) holding the dynamic/writeable and user-specific data (like certs). So just give people a memory stick to plug in and boot off the CD. Would that work? It'd require some additional script tweaks I imagine to go look for the memory stick...?

Another option could be to look on the network for the data - booting off a CD or network image, and grabbing the data from some ssl-based service?

Cheers,
        Markus

Markus Buchhorn, ANU Internet Futures             |Ph: +61 2 61258810
Markus.Buchhorn at anu.edu.au                        |Fx: +61 2 61259805
The Australian National University, Canberra 0200 |Mob: 0417 281429