[AG-TECH] AccessGrid on a bootable live cd (Knoppix) : certificate question

Joseph joseph at cs.usyd.edu.au
Mon Aug 2 23:26:34 CDT 2004

Hi

I've recently worked on putting AccessGrid2.2 on a bootable live cd called
Knoppix. It works well, except for one last trouble : the certificate. In
fact, when I build the iso, I can't launch AG, so I can't configure the
certificate in the normal way before burning the cd. So, each time I boot
with my cd, I have to import a certificate (and define a profile).

I have tried to copy a /home/nameofuser/.AccessGrid folder in my cd iso,
but then, when AG starts, it tells me there is no private key and the
certificate isn't effective. I still have to import a good one (but the
profile is ok).

So, could you tell me what to add/copy to my iso to be sure I won't have
to import a valid certificate each time ? I don't mean I don't want to
give the passphrase, it's just I would prefer not to fill the profile and
then importing a certificate each time.

BTW, I'm curently using my own certificate. However, this bootable live cd
might be used by different people and so I was wondering whether a
certificate named "bootablelivecd.pem" or something like this might be
better. It would not be a real person, and multiple bootable live cds
could be used at the same time (I'm most probably just dreaming, but who
knows?), so you, the AG team, might prefer a particular solution. Just
tell me.

Cheers,
     Joseph