[AG-TECH] Life of 'service' cert

Randy Groves randy.groves at boeing.com
Fri Apr 16 16:11:02 CDT 2004

>Understood.
>
> > The restrictions in the authorization policy only apply if
> > you have set up
> > some rules for the particular venue, though - right?    I
> > haven't had any
> > problem in my initial tests in entering venues.

Well, I may have spoken to soon.  I installed a service cert on my desktop
and made it the default.  It worked yesterday.  But today, after the 8-hour
expiration of my personal cert which I was using BEFORE I installed the
service cert, I cannot enter the venue - getting a polite message that I'm
not allowed in.  I then made my personal cert the default, and it works
once again.  So it looks like 'Enter' may be restricted by default on a
service cert.

-randy