[AG-TECH] CVS assistance - I'd LIKE to be able to check out the new stuff

Todd Zimmerman toddz at sfu.ca
Thu Apr 8 10:41:50 CDT 2004

I agree,

We're interested in extending some of of the service integration code;
however, we're not sure whether the CVS code is the latest code or not...

Unfortunately I missed the last townhall - so I'm not sure if it was
brought up or not, but it would be nice to have current instructions on
running the CVS code if at all possible.

I've made it slightly farther than you, Randy - I installed the optik
module ( download at
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=38019, unzip and
run the setup.py file like: 'python setup.py install')

I also installed the fpconst
(http://www.analytics.washington.edu/downloads/fpconst/) the same way.

Now I can get to a point where the VenueClient will start; however,
--personalNode doesn't seem to work (?) - I seem to have to start the
agNodeService and agServiceManager's separately.

I can _almost_ connect to a venue.... I can see who is connected etc,
but it seems to error out and no streams start etc.

--
Collaboration & Visualization Technician
WestGrid - www.westgrid.ca
Todd Zimmerman - toddz at sfu.ca