[AG-TECH] CVS assistance - I'd LIKE to be able to check out the new stuff

Randy Groves randy.groves at boeing.com
Wed Apr 7 13:15:23 CDT 2004

OK - I'm having a problem with the CVS (this is on RH9).

I've installed the binaries for wxPython, vic and rat from the 2.1.2 release.

I've grabbed the latest, and following the README-developer notes (which
are in need of revision), I made the 'cfg' directory, and ran:

python AccessGrid/tools/CvsSetup.py --agdir AccessGrid --dst cfg

(note the change - in the doc it's in 'bin')

This was done as root.

Then I logged in as my ag user and tried to run the VenueClient:

/usr/bin/VenueClient.py --personalNode

I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./VenueClient.py", line 38, in ?
     from AccessGrid.Toolkit import WXGUIApplication
   File "/usr/local/src/ag/ag-cvs/AccessGrid/AccessGrid/Toolkit.py", line
18, in
?
     from optparse import OptionParser, Option
ImportError: No module named optparse

I've done some poking around, and so far, I don't see any mention of this
module.  Is there a step that I'm missing?  Should I be loading a different
wxPython from CVS?

I know you folks are busy, but I'd like to be able to check this out and
give what assistance I can.

Thanks!!

-randy