[AG-TECH] Problems starting up AG on RH9 on Nvidia - any solutions?

Randy Groves randy.groves at boeing.com
Wed Apr 7 16:17:21 CDT 2004

(Killed by the time-warp again ...)

I realized almost immediately after I sent this message that I forgot that
I was VNC'd into this box, and sent another note indicating so, and that
this worked fine on the console of the machine.  Andrew Swan put me on the
path of a solution.  He suggested checking the display setting with
xdpyinfo.  Upon doing so in the VNC session, I found that the default
setting of vncserver of 8 bits of display depth is too small for the
vic.  I altered the vncserver so that it used 16 bits on startup, and I can
now run the client over VNC.

Just in case anyone else has hit this ...