[AG-TECH] Problem Managing Node

Mike Weaver weaver at er.doe.gov
Wed Apr 7 11:14:03 CDT 2004

Hi all,

I just built AG2 on a Fedora Core system using University of
Queensland's RPMs.  Got my Identity certificate and brought up the
VenueClient.  This worked fine.  When I go to Node Management and enter
the default URL which resolves to https://localhost:12000/NodeService, I
get "Can not open node service management based on the URL you
specified".

AGNodeService.py, AGServiceManager.py & VenueClient.py are all running,
seemingly successfully.  I've attached the agns.log and VenueClient.log
from a debug session.  I don't see anything too unusual.  I see the code
to raise an exception in AGNodeService.py, but don't know why it's being
raised.

Might this be a certificate problem?  I originally requested a new
certificate using the AGTk while running as root.  When I fired up the
VenueClient in presonalNode mode (simplest for now, I have other
machines, but one thing at a time), it complained that it wanted to be
run by an ordinary user.  Running as a user didn't see the original cert
request, so I ran certmgr.py as root and exported the id cert and used
the VenueClient to import it.  This seemed successful.  The one thing
that I notice is running certmgr.py as either root or an ordinary user
(or even accessing the certs from the VenueClient), I don't see any CA
certs listed.  Is this correct?  Should I not have installed the AG
packages as root?  Something else?

Any advice, would be appreciated,

Mike

--