[AG-TECH] Soundblaster Live! input routed to output?

Michael Miller mimiller at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 7 12:24:23 CDT 2004

Dwight,

I just wanted to check that you did open alsamixer and mute the "Analog
Loopback" setting.  The mixer doesn't always show you all the sliders at
once.  Make sure you move to the right as far as you can go.  That's where
I found the loopback setting for my cirrus based card.

Michael Miller
NCSA

At 12:10 PM 4/7/2004, Dwight D.McKay wrote:
>Folks,
>
>We're experiencing a strange problem with a new room node. The audio
>machine is using a new, soundblaster live! card that seems to route the
>analog line input to the analog line output no matter what we do. We've
>tried both the RedHat 9 sounds drivers and ALSA.
>
>On an earlier model Soundblaster (128?), we needed to use emu-dspmgr and
>change the routing on the card to avoid this problem. On this card, the
>similar routing trick doesn't seem to work.
>
>Has anyone seen this and found a solution?
>
>--
>   Dwight D. McKay, Technical Architect
>   Envision Center for Data Perceptualization, Office of the VP for IT,
> Purdue University
>   mckay at purdue.edu / 765.494.4481 [VOICE] / 765.496.7264 [FAX] / STEW B31

Thanx,

Michael Miller
System Engineer
Visualization Technology Support
Computing and Data Management
University of Illinois - UC
217-649-0747

"If you're clear in your vision and trust the people in your team with
clear objectives, they will invariably do their best to achieve everything
desired, and usually deliver everything you could have hoped for and even
more." -Paul Debevec