[AG-TECH] Soundblaster Live! input routed to output?

Dwight D.McKay mckay at purdue.edu
Wed Apr 7 12:10:30 CDT 2004

Folks,

We're experiencing a strange problem with a new room node. The audio
machine is using a new, soundblaster live! card that seems to route the
analog line input to the analog line output no matter what we do. We've
tried both the RedHat 9 sounds drivers and ALSA.

On an earlier model Soundblaster (128?), we needed to use emu-dspmgr
and change the routing on the card to avoid this problem. On this card,
the similar routing trick doesn't seem to work.

Has anyone seen this and found a solution?

--
   Dwight D. McKay, Technical Architect
   Envision Center for Data Perceptualization, Office of the VP for IT,