[AG-TECH] Direction of communication with a Virtual Venue Server

shudo at ni.aist.go.jp shudo at ni.aist.go.jp
Fri Sep 26 10:12:12 CDT 2003

Colleagues,

I'm faceed with a network-related problem while trying to use TVS
(https://vv2.mcs.anl.gov:9000/...).  Our AG node cannot communicate
with the TVS normally and hangs up when I press the GO button to
connect to the TVS.

The AG node is located on the inside of our firewall.  The node can
establish TCP connections from the inside of the firewall and the
subnet where the node is placed in is multicast-reachable.  In this
situation, AG 1.2 has been working well because of AG 1.2 requires
only HTTP requests initiated by the AG node and multicast (or
bridges).

I suppose AGTk 2.x needs establishment of TCP connections initiated by
a Virtual Venue Server and it is the cause of the problem I'm facing.
I guess it because the AG node can use a VV server that I run locally
on the inside of our firewall.

Is this correct?  If so, it's natural that AGTk 2.x do not work in our
network configuration.  And I have to ask our network administrators
to change the configuration of the firewall.

Thanks,

  Kazuyuki Shudo	shudo at computer.org	http://www.shudo.net/