[AG-TECH] AG 2.1.1/Venue Client Services Problem

Ursula Eisenblaetter eisenblaetter at imk.fraunhofer.de
Tue Sep 16 06:48:56 CDT 2003

I have the following problem with AG2.1.1 Venue Client

I can add a service, but I can not open a service, neither my own added
service nor a service from another person.

I'm using AG under windows XP

Within Venue client debug mode I get the following messages:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\AccessGrid\VenueClientUIClasses.py",
line
1880, in OnRightClick
    menu = self.BuildServiceMenu(event, item)
  File "C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\AccessGrid\VenueClientUIClasses.py",
line
1992, in BuildServiceMenu
    commands = GetMimeCommands(mimeType = item.mimeType, ext = ext)
  File "C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\AccessGrid\Platform.py", line 465, in
Win3
2GetMimeCommands
    "%s\shell" % filetype)
TypeError: OpenKey() argument 2 must be string without null bytes or None,
not u
nicode

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards   Ursula

Ursula Eisenblaetter
Fraunhofer-Institut für Medienkommunikation IMK
Competence Center NetMedia
Schloss Birlinghoven
D-53754 Sankt Augustin

Tel:   + 49 2241/ 14 1935