[AG-TECH] Needs for an AG

Heather L. Smith hlsmith at uams.edu
Mon Sep 15 16:19:05 CDT 2003

Hello. We are needing some knowledgable input from seasoned Access Grid users/developers. We are currently working up the AV needs for an auditorium we are building. This room will be set up with a Gentner XAP800, speakers, mics, cameras, and projectors for distance learning and an Access Grid is also a desired functionality of this room. Here are my questions:

1. With AG 2.1.1, how many machines do you HAVE to have in order to have a fully functioning AG?

2. How many projectors do you HAVE to have? I say 2 would be necessary, 1 for diplay of video streams and 1 for DPPT. Documents I have read say at least 3.

In our AG that is up and running, we are still running AG 1.2, so we are not exactly sure what route to take in order to get the  most out of the auditorium we are setting up that will be running AG 2.1.1.

Thanks for any and all input.
Heather Smith, M.Ed
Curriculum Support Liaison, AG Node Co-Operator
UAMS Library Learning Resource Center
4301 West Markham, # 586
Little Rock, Arkansas 72205
Phone: 501-686-8116