[AG-TECH] AGN Audio Lip Sync

Wachtel, Robert L Robert.Wachtel at mso.umt.edu
Tue Sep 16 09:22:35 CDT 2003

Are there any recommended solutions to the following audio video
synchronization difficulty?

Symptom: A progressively increasing sync delay between the video and
audio received from other sites within a venue. Lip sync is very close
when initially entering a venue, and then consistently the audio is
progressively delayed behind the video. After an hour uptime we can
notice a difference of up to 3 seconds. If we kill and restart just the
rat, the sync will be restored and then begin slipping again.

System:
AGN 1.2
Audio Box: Monarch AMD dual processor 4GB RAM, Creative Audigy sound
card, Red Hat Linux 7.3 OS
Video Display: Monarch AMD dual processor 4GB RAM, Matrox G450 x4 MMS
quad head display card, Windows 2000 Pro OS

Local Network:
100Mb Switched to desktop
1Gb Campus backbone

Any suggested solutions or additional diagnostic measures would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob Wachtel
Director