[AG-TECH] Falcon Quattro video capture config issue

Cindy Sievers sievers at lanl.gov
Wed Sep 10 07:18:19 CDT 2003

I don't have a good answer to your first questions, but the frame rate is
something I have run into before. Is your machine a single processor
machine? I have experienced low frame rates (4-15 frames/sec) on a single
processor machine.  If I add another processor, then the frame rate
increases to ~25 f/s.

At 05:09 PM 9/9/2003 -0600, Jon I Johansson wrote:

>I have a Falcon Quattro on our video capture machine
>which I am currently running as a PIG while I try to get
>this problem sorted out. I am using Windows XP with all
>the latest patches.
>
>When I start the PIG software (2.1.1b) the video stream
>that I send is colored red and green. This happens only with
>the AG software, I can get video in NetMeeting that looks
>just fine, and MS VidCap32 (a video capture demo program that
>comes with the Falcon) also shows very nice video.
>
>The coloring occurs for both the WDM drivers and for the
>IDS capture drivers. I have a falcon.ini file in my C:Windows
>directory and changing parameters in there has effects on
>the non-AG software so I'm guessing that for some reason
>that file isn't being read when the AG software is using the
>card. There are no config files in
>    C:\Program Files\Access Grid Toolkit\config
>and I've seem people talk about video config files for Linux,
>would there be a config file that would be useful for
>my situation?
>
>Also, my frame rate is very low, and the adjustments that I
>make in the vic menus have no effect.
>
>Any thoughts are welcome. Thank you.
>
>Jon.
>
>--
>Jon I Johansson             *  Research Computing Support
>jon.johansson at ualberta.ca   *  Computing and Network Services
>Tel.: (780) 492-9304        *  University of Alberta
>Fax.: (780) 492-1729        *  Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA

Cindy Sievers           Los Alamos National Laboratory
sievers at lanl.gov        Group CCS-1 MS B287
tel:505.665.6602        Advanced Computing
fax:505.665.4939        Los Alamos, NM 87544