[AG-TECH] Falcon Quattro video capture config issue

Jon I Johansson jon.johansson at ualberta.ca
Tue Sep 9 18:09:28 CDT 2003

I have a Falcon Quattro on our video capture machine
which I am currently running as a PIG while I try to get
this problem sorted out. I am using Windows XP with all
the latest patches.

When I start the PIG software (2.1.1b) the video stream
that I send is colored red and green. This happens only with
the AG software, I can get video in NetMeeting that looks
just fine, and MS VidCap32 (a video capture demo program that
comes with the Falcon) also shows very nice video.

The coloring occurs for both the WDM drivers and for the
IDS capture drivers. I have a falcon.ini file in my C:Windows
directory and changing parameters in there has effects on
the non-AG software so I'm guessing that for some reason
that file isn't being read when the AG software is using the
card. There are no config files in
   C:\Program Files\Access Grid Toolkit\config
and I've seem people talk about video config files for Linux,
would there be a config file that would be useful for
my situation?

Also, my frame rate is very low, and the adjustments that I
make in the vic menus have no effect.

Any thoughts are welcome. Thank you.

Jon.

--
Jon I Johansson             *  Research Computing Support
jon.johansson at ualberta.ca   *  Computing and Network Services