[AG-TECH] Node Management - configuring video streams

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Sep 9 13:54:17 CDT 2003

This is a known problem with the video producer.  A fixed video producer
service package is available at:

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/accessgrid/software/releases/2.1.1/patch/VideoProducerService.zip

This file should be placed as is in the directory that holds services,
on the machine running the NodeService (the display machine in
multi-machine nodes):

Windows:   InstallDir\services
Linux:  /usr/share/AccessGrid/services

With this in place, you should get a pulldown menu for the port when
configuring a video producer service, and vic should use that port
correctly.  The practical effect of this problem is blue streams, or
black/white streams.

We will be issuing a bug-fix release soon, when it's ready and
well-tested, which will include this fix and others reported against the
last release (2.1.1 and its variants).

Tom