[AG-TECH] AG2.1.1 and RH 9

Michael Miller mimiller at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 9 11:38:28 CDT 2003

Todd,

When I searched for "openssl096b-0.9.6b-3.i386.rpm", I didn't find
anything.  And given my lack of experience with RH linux 9 and the number
of openssl packages to choose from, I want to make sure I install the right
one.  Can you clarify which package you installed?

thanx

Michael Miller
NCSA

At 11:08 AM 9/9/2003, Todd Zimmerman wrote:
>Hi Chris,
>
>We currently have a couple of AG2.1.1 installs on RH9 and everything appears
>to be working fine.  In fact we are currently testing a VenueServer and
>BridgeServer on RH9 and that also appears to be ok.
>
>The only issue I had was the pyOpenSSL issues.  AG2.1.1 required libssl.so.2
>and libcrypto.so.2 which are provided in the openssl096b-0.9.6b-3.i386.rpm
>available at rpmfind.net.  Once that is installed, I just ran the install
>script and all seemed to ge good.
>
>Todd
>

>Research Assistant - NewMIC
>New Media Innovation Centre
>Ph: 604.806.5100
>todd.zimmerman at newmic.com

Thanx,

Michael Miller
System Engineer
Visualization Technology Support
Computing and Data Management
University of Illinois - UC
217-649-0747

"If you're clear in your vision and trust the people in your team with
clear objectives, they will invariably do their best to achieve everything
desired, and usually deliver everything you could have hoped for and even
more." -Paul Debevec