[AG-TECH] How to transfer a certificate

Frank Sweetser fs at WPI.EDU
Thu Oct 16 09:05:29 CDT 2003

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 10:29:29AM -0200, Rogerio Luiz Iope wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just installed the AccessGrid Toolkit 2.1.1b
> on a Windows 2000 Server, but I am experiencing
> problems with the VideoProducer service: sometimes it freezes
> the images captured by the cameras, sometimes it even refuses
> on opening the captured windows images.
> So I decided to build another machine, a dual Xeon with Win XP.
> My question is, is it possible to transfer the Globus certificate
> to that new machine, or I'll have to request a
> new one ? If the transfer is possible, how can I do that ?

Two ways to do it:

1) Download the certmgr.py utility from

http://fl-cvs.mcs.anl.gov/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/AccessGrid/bin/certmgr.py?rev=1.4&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

   This tool will let you export certificates from an AG 2 profile into a pair
   of .pem files (one for the key, one for the cert) that can be reimported

2) Get the AG 2.1.2 beta from

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/accessgrid/software/releases/2.1.2-beta/AGTk-2.1.2-beta.exe

   which has the ability to export as well as import the .pem files from within
   the Venue Client interface.

Frank Sweetser fs at wpi.edu
WPI Network Engineer