[AG-TECH] How to transfer a certificate

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 16 09:04:51 CDT 2003

In 2.1.1b you'll have to download certmgr.py from the CVS repo:

http://fl-cvs.mcs.anl.gov/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/AccessGrid/bin/certmgr.py?rev=1.4

(or http://snurl.com/2p00 )

and drop it into /Program Files/Access Grid Toolkit/bin.

Then you can run:

C:\>"\Program Files\Access Grid Toolkit\bin\certmgr.py"
(ID mode) > list
1. (Default) /O=Grid/O=Globus/OU=mcs.anl.gov/CN=Bob Olson
(ID mode) > export 1 c:\temp\mycert.pem
Export certificate /O=Grid/O=Globus/OU=mcs.anl.gov/CN=Bob Olson to
c:\temp\mycert.pem
(ID mode) > quit

The list command shows the certs loaded. Export writes the given
certificate number out to a file. You can then copy that file to your other
computer, and do an import from the Preferences->Manage Certificates->View
Identity Certificates window to load the certificate.

--bob