[AG-TECH] End of life for Redhat

Mark C. Ballew ballew at dri.edu
Thu Nov 6 16:05:19 CST 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 09:38, Steve Slocombe wrote:
> This has stimulated quite a lot of discussion amongst our users and we are going to try and arrange a
> conference call with "Redhat" to discuss licensing issues etc.
> Anyone know if they have an AG node?  It would make for an interesting event if they do.
> Thanks.

Steve,

Fedora Core 1 is out, which is supposed to replace the Red hat 9 series.
I've been running the Fedora's yum updates to my Red Hat 9 box and AG,
and I've been pretty happy with it.

The NPACI ROCKS project (http://www.rocksclusters.org) uses Red Hat
Enterprise 2.1 AW for their distribution, so I don't for see any
problems if people use it with out buying it from Red Hat. There aren't
ISO images, and the fee they charge is mainly for up2date, unless you
pay more for support.

The bits are free. The support isn't.

--
Mark C. Ballew                                          ballew at dri.edu
ACES Project System Administrator                       775-673-7322