[AG-TECH] Fwd: CSPAN and CSPAN2 multicasts

Bill Nickless nickless at mcs.anl.gov
Wed May 21 09:59:05 CDT 2003

Tim Ward of Northwestern University posted this to the Internet2 Multicast
Working Group mailing list.  I've looked at the broadcasts, and they look
great from here on my oldish 800 MHz P3 laptop running Windows XP.

If you're wondering about whether your incoming multicast is running
cleanly, the C-SPAN multicast streams should be a good baseline test.  Of
course, that doesn't necessarily imply anything about your outgoing traffic!

    http://www.i2-multicast.northwestern.edu

>Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 11:48:23 -0500
>From: Tim Ward <tward at marmot.nsg.northwestern.edu>
>To: wg-multicast at internet2.edu
>Subject: CSPAN and CSPAN2 multicasts
>
>Hi all,
>
>I wanted to call your attention, in case you hadn't seen it, to the
>following:
>
>http://www.it.northwestern.edu/news/archive/may03/cspan.pdf
>
>(The general I2 announcement will be made sometime today too!)
>
>As many of you may already know, we are coming to the end of our first
>academic year delivering entertainment television (20 channels) as
>MPEG2 IP Multicasts to our students in our residence halls.  It's been
>a very successful project thus far.
>
>Now we are annoucing the change of the Northwestern CSPAN I2 multicasts
>to a similar thin-client based technology model.  The web site for further
>info and to view the multicasts is:
>
>http://www.i2-multicast.northwestern.edu
>
>If you have any questions about the CSPAN multicasts, feel free to drop
>me a line.  There is also a general feedback email address at:
>
>i2-multicast at northwestern.edu
>
>We intend to keep the CSPAN and CSPAN2 channels up on an ongoing basis.
>
>Lucy, you can modify the web page from iCAIR currently on the calendar
>page to the http://www.i2-multicast.northwestern.edu URL.
>
>Tim
>--
>Tim Ward                                  tpw at nwu.edu      V 847-467-1449
>Associate Director                     G172 Leverone Hall  F 847-467-5690
>Telecommunications and Network Services            Information Technology
>2001 Sheridan Rd  Evanston IL 60208-2030          Northwestern University

===
Bill Nickless    http://www.mcs.anl.gov/people/nickless      +1 630 252 7390
PGP:0E 0F 16 80 C5 B1 69 52 E1 44 1A A5 0E 1B 74 F7     nickless at mcs.anl.gov