[AG-TECH] shared image viewer

Dave Semeraro semeraro at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue May 13 07:24:27 CDT 2003

Techies,

I have a question regarding Justin's shared image viewer. In trying to
emulate what he did I get
errors returned from the venue server. Now perhaps I am doing this wrong. I
simply do the
following in my python program.

# I have just set a bunch of attributes. Now I will try to attach to
# a venue server... wish me luck.
         self.clientHandle = Client.Handle(venueURL)
         if self.clientHandle.IsValid():
             print 'we appear to have a valid client handle'
             self.venueProxy = self.clientHandle.GetProxy()
         # If all went well I just attached to the venue server. If not
         # I am in trouble. Carry on as if I know what I am doing...
             self.privateId = self.venueProxy.Join(profile)

The little code snippet above has a problem at the last line. I get the
following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File
"C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\Pythonwin\pywin\framework\scriptutils.py",
line 301, in RunScript
     exec codeObject in __main__.__dict__
   File "C:\Program Files\Access Grid Toolkit\AGImageView.py", line 114, in ?
     app = MyApp(venueURL,profile)
   File "C:\Program Files\Access Grid Toolkit\AGImageView.py", line 91, in
__init__
     self.privateId = self.venueProxy.Join(profile)
   File
"C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\AccessGrid\hosting\pyGlobus\AGGSISOAP.py",
line 3650, in __call__
     return self.__r_call(*args, **kw)
   File
"C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\AccessGrid\hosting\pyGlobus\AGGSISOAP.py",
line 3670, in __r_call
     self.__hd, self.__ma)
   File
"C:\Python22\Lib\site-packages\AccessGrid\hosting\pyGlobus\AGGSISOAP.py",
line 3585, in __call
     raise p
faultType: <Fault SOAP-ENV:Client: No method Join found>

Am I doing this wrong or is this a result of changes in the venue server?

If it is an API change, what would the correct call be?

Dave

Dave Semeraro Ph.D.
Visualization and Virtual Environments Group
NCSA University of Illinois
605 E. Springfield Ave.
Champaign, IL 61820
Semeraro at ncsa.uiuc.edu