[AG-TECH] the latest pain....and a rant.

Dave Semeraro semeraro at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue May 13 06:55:47 CDT 2003

At 09:36 AM 5/13/2003 +0100, John Hodrien wrote:
>On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Todd Needham wrote:
>
> > Have you considered switching from .rpm to .msi files? ;)
>
>hoho.  Good try.  Maybe just using rpm correctly would solve this problem.  In
>removing an rpm, it doesn't expect the syntax you're using.
>
>rpm -ivh foo.rpm
>rpm -e foo

Thanks for the advice. Actually the problem was me being in a hurry. I know
how to use
rpm, I just dont know how to cut and paste. In my excitement to use the
wonderful new AG
2.0 software I got carried away with the mouse and pasted the .rpm
extension at the end
of my rpm command. The result contributed to the rant you got to enjoy what
seems like
several weeks ago. It is all better now, mostly anyway.

Cheers,

>Levering apt-get into the equation makes things even silkier (windows update
>eat your heart out).
>
>jh
>
>--
>"...you died a good death if your life had inspired someone to come forward
>  and shoot your murderer in the chest, without asking to be paid."
>                                                      -- Chinua Achebe

Dave Semeraro Ph.D.
Visualization and Virtual Environments Group
NCSA University of Illinois
605 E. Springfield Ave.
Champaign, IL 61820
Semeraro at ncsa.uiuc.edu