[AG-TECH] Linux as display node

Jeremy Mann jeremy at bioc09.v19.uthscsa.edu
Tue Mar 18 09:12:46 CST 2003

I have come across a slight problem when using Linux as a display node.
Obviously I can't use the Event Server, so I am doing it manually with
scripts that call vic and rat. What the problem is, before when using
Windows as display computer, starting vrm-eventlistener on the video node
started vic with 800 kbps video rate. Now doing it manually with vic -t
127 -D /dev/video0 address/port, I can only get 128 kbps.

I found I could write a small TCL script and and call it inside of the vic
statement and found an example online. So I increased the video bitrate to
my desired level, but it still reverts to 128 no matter what bitrate I
tell it to use.

What extra things have been done to vrm-eventlistener and can they be
modified to work manually with vic?

Thanks.

--
Jeremy Mann