[AG-TECH] Linux as display node

Justin Binns binns at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 18 10:28:11 CST 2003

vrm-eventlistener is a script that invokes a Java client component that
writes a (rather complex) TCL script, and passes that into vic (just like
you have with your TCL script).  That's how it gets all the settings in
place.

There are two answers to your question.  First, you *can* use the Event
Server, you'd just have to build it yourself - if you check out the CVS
source, you'll get the copy of Orbacus used in AG 1.x, which you can build
under linux to get a linux binary for the Event Server (it's straight out
of the Orbacus distribution).  In fact, with the latest stuff, you should
get a 'drm' for display (we've run full Linux-based PIG nodes using the
latest AG 1.x software).

The second answer is to again grab the source, and look in the Java source
for the methods that construct the above TCL script to figure out what it
should look like.  But we aren't doing anything that can't be done
manually (albeit, by writing a TCL script, but still...)

Justin