[AG-TECH] Mbone VCR

Kevin C. Almeroth almeroth at cs.ucsb.edu
Mon Jun 16 09:40:15 CDT 2003

>>   I got some articles about multicast Backbone Video Conference Recorder,but all these ariticles were from some years ago.Some projects have been stopped for some reasons.Does anybody know the research information recent years?

Not much...  the main reason is that it was tried, it worked, and people
moved on.  One project we worked on was called mcontrol:

http://www.nmsl.cs.ucsb.edu/mcontrol/

It is probably the most recent, but the student working on it has since
graduated and moved on (long term support for these kinds of projects
is difficult).

It'd be nice if someone picked up the ball and established something
similar.

-Kevin