[AG-TECH] MUD port in AG 2.0

Rohn Wood rohn at selway.umt.edu
Fri Jun 6 16:23:14 CDT 2003

Howdy,
    Sorry if this has been asked/answered -- I searched the archives,
but could not narrow down the search in a timely fashion.

The 1.x version of the MUD uses an old knapster port which is blocked
at some sites, throttled at others (ours) thus resulting in bad
performance.  Since I notice in the 2.0 announcements that the
transition venues for integrating 1.x and 2.x clients do not support
the 1.x MUD can I conclude that the MUD port number will be changed
away from the troublesome old knapster port?   We have not had the time
or equipment yet to bring up 2.0, but it is in the plans.

Thanks

Rohn Wood
University of Montana