[AG-TECH] Room node hardware problems

Cindy Sievers sievers at lanl.gov
Tue Jul 29 08:13:11 CDT 2003

OK, this is not my day.....
My room node died...over the weekend we had a power outage, and probably a
power spike when things came back up.  My display machine is completely
hosed, no video what so ever. It does have power, fans are working ok, but
no video.  The audio and video machines boot up with a Hardware Monitor
error - 3.3 voltage error...they come up after ignoring the error, then
hang after a few minutes.
I thought I recalled seeing something about a voltage incompatability with
the video cards - could this be related?
If I need to replace machines, what's the preferred configuration these
days?  Do we have an updated hardware spec doc?
Oh woe is me.........

Cindy Sievers           Los Alamos National Laboratory
sievers at lanl.gov        Group CCS-1 MS B287
tel:505.665.6602        Advanced Computing
fax:505.665.4939        Los Alamos, NM 87544