[AG-TECH] venue client hanging

Cindy Sievers sievers at lanl.gov
Tue Jul 29 08:06:27 CDT 2003

I am seeing some rather strange behavior from my PIG running on a windows
XP machine.  The venue client hangs after I enter the default AG Lobby
through TVS.  Rat and Vic are still active, however.  I cannot move to
another venue since the venue client is not responding.
I ran the grid proxy init and noticed that the time created is *way* off of
the system time.  Double checking the system time, I resynced with a time
server time-nw.nist.gov successfully.  Is there somewhere else in the grid
proxy stuff that sets a time?  Is this related to why the venue client hangs?

Cindy Sievers           Los Alamos National Laboratory
sievers at lanl.gov        Group CCS-1 MS B287
tel:505.665.6602        Advanced Computing
fax:505.665.4939        Los Alamos, NM 87544