[AG-TECH] 'Yellow' flash in vic

Jeff Schwab jrs at purdue.edu
Thu Jul 10 20:49:04 CDT 2003

	The problem that I saw was an "orange" flash related to cpu loading
on a pig when using multiple Osprey video capture cards.  I could cause
occasional flashes with a single Osprey card, but it took some serious cpu
slamming to cause it in that configuration.  Multicast was not an issue.

	The solution (read: kludge) for our case was a small software hack
that raised the relative cpu priority of the video capture processes under
the Ag 1.2 release.

	I have not encountered the "yellow flash" multicast related problem
that other people have mentioned so I don't know if there is any relation
between the two phenomena.

	Jeff