[AG-TECH] Help with two machine (windows/video and linux/audio) software configuration

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 29 14:31:44 CST 2003

>   I don't think I have any
>major problems with my audio setup, but I haven't fully tested it yet (for
>example I have not attempted to teleconference).  Getting the video running
>is clearly a bit of a problem for me at the moment.

I worry a little about using the Delta card, but that's only because I've
not used one with late-model audio drivers (last I looked rat wouldn't work
out of the box with it, or at least the Delta 4-port card we have).

>   I've tried to do the installation as described on the web pages, and
>downloaded the software package and installed it on the Windows box, but
>beyond that I've mostly been flailing about without much improvement.  The
>documentation doesn't seem to describe my setup, nor does the installation
>guide I was following accurately describe the version of the software I
>downloaded.  In summary, I would appreciate any advice on what software to
>attempt to install on what machines, and what versions to look for.  (Or
>perhaps someone knows of a web site where setting something similar up is
>already described.)

For your redhat boxes you want to install the set of RPMs at

http://ag-tech.mcs.anl.gov/reldb/repository/releases/agib/snapshots/snap-006/

(yah, that bizarre url again. with the ag2 stuff we're sanifying the
release process too)

>   If running Xp or RedHat 8.0 is hopeless I can clear the machines out and
>start again.

I've heard of folks using rh8, and we run on XP on some of our machines
here, so there's hope.

--bob