[AG-TECH] adding a service; was: WinGlobus cert problem

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Feb 27 18:57:13 CST 2003

Randy,

I'm jumping in a bit late here, but I'm glad to see you are trying this
stuff.  The documents you are looking for we are currently in the middle of
writing.  The Tutorial for GGF7 is going to cover writing the various types
of services that can integrate applications support.  We're going to
actually build a basic shared web browser and a basic distributed powerpoint
viewer to show how two kinds of apps can be built. We're also going to build
some trivial Node Service to show how to extend the capabilities of a Node.

We'll be covering some of this same material (the more technical stuff) at
the AG Retreat in the Developers track. In between, I'd be happy to chat
with you and figure out if we can get you jump started on building some
simple apps that you can explore this territory with.

Sorry it took so long to get to this email, we're currently writing the
tutorial and the code to give at GGF --

Cheers,

--Ivan