[AG-TECH] AG2 installed, what next?

Christoph Willing chris at vislab.usyd.edu.au
Wed Feb 26 21:37:58 CST 2003

I have alpha3.1 installed on a fresh RH8.1 (phoebe) machine, also have a
nice new usercert.pem in my .globus directory. What happens now?

Based Jennifer's getting-started page (for Windows), I've run:
      /usr/bin/AGNodeService.py     which claimed to start a service OK
      /usr/bin/AGServiceManager.py  ditto
      /usr/bin/NodeManagement.py    which brings up a gui, but adding
the appropriate address into its "Attach to Node" widget gives the
following error:
[root at exp root]# /usr/bin/NodeManagement.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/AccessGrid/NodeManagementUIClasses.py", line 367, in Attach
    self.UpdateHostList()
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/AccessGrid/NodeManagementUIClasses.py", line 467, in UpdateHostList
    self.serviceManagers = self.vc.GetServiceManagers()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'GetServiceManagers'

Maybe they were Windows specific commands (despite being in /usr/bin) so
I also tried, based on Ti's earlier email:
      grid-proxy-init      this gave Segmentation fault, no other clues
      VenueServer.py       complains about "None does not exist" -
[root at exp lib]# VenueServer.py
HN: exp.vislab.usyd.edu.au EP: 8002 TP: 8004 DP: 8006
https://exp.vislab.usyd.edu.au:8000/Venues/000000f39d0f07d90081004e009d00af897
Not starting datastore for venue: None does not exist
Service running at: https://exp.vislab.usyd.edu.au:8000/VenueServer

then:
      VenueManagement.py   brings up gui, into which I enter the service
(https://exp.vislab.usyd.edu.au:8000/VenueServer) which VenueServer.py
started. However when I press the Go button, it pops up an "Invalid URL"
notifier. Also when I press that Go button, the following output appears
in the shell from which I started VenueManagement.py:
[root at exp root]# VenueManagement.py
File: c_rehash
File: CA.pl
File: CA.sh
File: globus-sh-exec
File: der_chop
File: grid-cert-request
File: globus-url-copy
File: grid-cert-info
File: grid-cert-renew
File: globus-hostname
File: openssl
File: grid-change-pass-phrase
File: grid-default-ca
File: grid-proxy-destroy
File: grid-proxy-info
File: grid-proxy-init
LINUX /usr/lib/globus/bin/grid-proxy-init
File: globus-domainname

Any pointers on what to do next please?

chris

--
Chris Willing                      Telephone   (61-2) 9351 3005
VisLab, A28                        Facsimile   (61-2) 9351 1880