[AG-TECH] Compiling VIC from source to enable High-res streams

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Feb 20 10:45:20 CST 2003

Wrt the h261 problem you might be running into a compiler optimizer bug; we
ran into this with gcc 2.96 last summer - vic would work fine compiled on a
6.2 machine with its native compiler (egcs something or other), but on a
7.2/7.3 machine with 2.96 (and 3.0 I think as well) the h261 encoder was
broken.

--bob