[AG-TECH] Running Venues Server Alpha2

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Feb 17 09:01:26 CST 2003

Ah the beauty of software releases.

Here's a Quick Start:

1) Get proxy credentials :-)
	This is either grid-proxy-init on linux, or wgpi.exe on windows.

2) run VenueServer.py
	This is the actual venue server. It defaults to listening for
connections on port 8000 but that's also an argument that can be passed on
the command-line (if I remember right).

3) run VenueManagement.py
	This is the management UI. You point it at your venue server which
is a url of the form: https://host:port/VenueServer, I'll explain this in a
bit more detail. The URL has to start with https, we're doing secure stuff.
The host:port should be obvious, it is a URL. The VenueServer is the service
at that host:port that you are connecting to.

See if that gets you started!

--Ivan

http://www.sve.man.ac.uk/General/Staff/daw