[AG-TECH] AG 2.0 and static multicast addresses

Michael Daw mike.daw at man.ac.uk
Wed Feb 5 09:53:17 CST 2003

Ivan,

Just reassure me - once a venue has a multicast address/port, that
address/port is forever tied to that venue, right (at least for the life of
the venue)? I mean, it couldn't work otherwise, could it? If that's the
case, I don't understand the difference between AG2.0 and now, with respect
to firewalls, etc. If you want to have a meeting in Fuller Sail Room (the
new AG2.0 version of Full Sail Room), you will know its address and port and
your firewall can be configured to cope with that.

I realise there are problems if venues are used in substantially different
ways to now - e.g. a venue created just for a single meeting or even a
single brief purpose (e.g. a 10 minute visualization?), then destroyed. Is
that what you're envisaging?

Or am I missing something? (E.g. a brain)

Yours,
Confused of Manchester