[AG-TECH] AG 2.0 and static multicast addresses

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Feb 6 08:43:26 CST 2003

Hey Mike,

I'm working on the plan that I said we're going to present to folks. I can't
reassure you of the things you've asked below.  Please read the plan we'll
be presenting (hopefully by the end of the day Friday).  The firewall issue
is a separate issue that we have to address anyway, but we believe we have a
working plan in place for that as well (although it's more just aspects of
the AG2 design that enable us to deal with firewalls sanely).

Fwiw, Stephens request for sdr announcements is a great idea. It's something
I'd like to see put into bugzilla as a server feature request. *AND* just
because bugzilla is here at Argonne doesn't mean ANY OF YOU OUT THERE can't
grab the code from cvs and implement a new feature or fix bugs :)

--Ivan