[AG-TECH] VenueServer and certificates

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Dec 3 23:39:00 CST 2003

Hi Jeremy,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. The venue server will run with
your certificate, and if you don't have a valid proxy it will ask you for
your passphrase to generate one.

The drawback to this is that in the number of hours specified the server
will become unresponsive (since it's proxy is invalid).

The alternative is to run the server with a service certificate, which is
currently unsupported, but should become supported very soon.

--Ivan

PS - it doesn't matter if you move your certificate, in fact, ideally
everybody only needs *exactly one certificate* they can then move that and
use it everywhere.