[AG-TECH] VenueServer and certificates

Jeremy Mann jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Mon Dec 1 08:12:34 CST 2003

I've been playing around with the AG2 VenueServer. Does it have to have
its own certificate?

Since I already had a certificate for my laptop, and since it was a
holiday weekend, I just imported my certificate onto the other computer
(AG2 venue server). VenueServer starts and I can add 'rooms' and data.

When I try to connect with my laptop I get this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/AccessGrid/VenueClient.py", line
466, in EnterVenue
    raise EnterVenueException("No reachable venue at given venue URL")
EnterVenueException: No reachable venue at given venue URL
12/01/03 08:03:41 16384 AG.Types VenueClient.py:698 DEBUG
bin.VenueClient::EnterVenue: Enter venue with url:
https://venue.uthscsa.edu:8000/Venues/default
12/01/03 08:03:41 16384 AG.Types VenueClient.py:711 DEBUG warningString:

This URL is an inside VLAN URL, so you won't be able to test it on the
outside. I am just curious if having the same certificates on both
machines are conflicting each other.

Thanks!

--
Jeremy Mann