[AG-TECH] VenueServer Problem , please help urgently

Himani Gandhi csa02037 at cse.iitd.ernet.in
Mon Dec 1 18:56:16 CST 2003

HI Ivan ,

Thanks for the feedback .
Though I have been able to figure out myself , by browsing through the
code .

Meanwhile , for my Linux CA and Windows2k personal node setup . I have
been able to " hack " the certificates by creating them offline and
putting them at the required directories for the trusted CA certs and the
user ca cert .

NOW MY PROBLEM IS :

I am running the server on the as per the instructions at :

http://hpcnc.cpe.ku.ac.th/moin/InstallingAccessGrid

I am able to run : VenueServer.py
but when I run : VenueManagement.py

and type the URL of the VenueServer and try to connect the
VenueManagement to VenueServer,i encounter some problems which i fail to
understand. i would be grateful if some one could provide some insights.

 When the VenueManagement tries to connect to the VenueServer, the
ioc.tcp_connect call in GSIHTTPConnection.connect fails. ( " Thas what i
made of the debugger dumps that I saw !")

the logs of the script in the debugger are as follows:
> /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/pyGlobus/io.py(660)connect()
-> ret, handle = ioc.tcp_connect(host, port, attr.get_handle())
(Pdb)
> /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/pyGlobus/io.py(1223)get_handle()
-> def get_handle(self):
(Pdb) s
> /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/pyGlobus/io.py(1224)get_handle()
-> return self._handle
(Pdb) s
--Return--

/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/pyGlobus/io.py(1224)get_handle()->'_d05b8908_p_globus_io_attr_t'
-> return self._handle
(Pdb)
> /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/pyGlobus/io.py(661)connect()
-> if not ret == 0:
(Pdb) p ret
-1
(Pdb) s
> /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/pyGlobus/io.py(662)connect()
-> ex = GSITCPSocketException(handle)
(Pdb) p handle
'authentication failed:\n    Authentication Failed\n    GSS status:
major:000a0000 minor: 00000000 t
oken: 00000000\n'
(Pdb) s
> /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/pyGlobus/io.py(663)connect()
-> raise ex
(Pdb)
GSITCPSocketException: <pyGlobus.io.... at 0x8a102e4>
> /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/pyGlobus/io.py(663)connect()
-> raise ex
(Pdb) c
Unable to Connect to Server https://arbit.cse.iitd.ernet.in:8000/VenueServer
Is There some known bug OR some configuration problem ?

MOREOVER , when I click on the "CHECKPOINT" option , I get a error similar
to :
'authentication failed:\n    Authentication Failed\n    GSS status:
major:000a0000 minor: 00000000 token: 00000000\n'

Please help me I am in urgent need of some help !

Thanks

Regards
Himani