[AG-TECH] Certificates

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 29 12:43:08 CDT 2003

At 10:23 AM 8/29/2003 -0700, Randy Groves wrote:
>Essentially, it needs to be specified.  In our particular case, the setups
>are well known, and prevalent.  I tend to point my machines to a specific
>address (which is probably multi-hosted), but we also use some sort of
>'pac' file that does configuration for the browsers (I don't use it, so I
>don't know the impact there) - but the upshot is that on Windows, you
>should be able to get the proxy info from the Internet Options.

Aha, and that setting would be found in the registry under

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

That's also assuming that one is using IE; I bet the other browsers keep
their own values of that setting. But it'd be reasonable to use that as a
default I suspect.

>On Unix, you'd have to depend on the appropriate settings of environment
>variables.
>
>Of course, the fact that we're behind firewalls and web proxies create a
>whole host of other problems ...

:-)

--bob