[AG-TECH] Certificates

Randy Groves randy.groves at boeing.com
Fri Aug 29 12:23:56 CDT 2003

Essentially, it needs to be specified.  In our particular case, the setups
are well known, and prevalent.  I tend to point my machines to a specific
address (which is probably multi-hosted), but we also use some sort of
'pac' file that does configuration for the browsers (I don't use it, so I
don't know the impact there) - but the upshot is that on Windows, you
should be able to get the proxy info from the Internet Options.  On Unix,
you'd have to depend on the appropriate settings of environment variables.

Of course, the fact that we're behind firewalls and web proxies create a
whole host of other problems ...

-randy