[AG-TECH] beacon, vtc, multicast???

Osland, CD (Chris) C.D.Osland at rl.ac.uk
Fri Aug 8 09:14:00 CDT 2003

Yes, someone else noted that the MUD used 7777 and so people who
in the past had blocked or throttled Napster were now doing the
same to the MUD.  No idea why the tool writers chose the same -
because it was quick to type, 8888 was already in use, and 6666
has connotations?

Chris

Chris Osland                         Office tel: +44 (0) 1235 446565
Digital Media and Access Grid      Medialab tel: +44 (0) 1235 446459
BIT Department             Access Grid room tel: +44 (0) 1235 445666
e-mail:   C.D.Osland at rl.ac.uk               Fax: +44 (0) 1235 445597

CLRC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (Bldg. R18)
Chilton, DIDCOT, Oxon OX11 0QX, UK

[The contents of this email are confidential and
are for the use of the intended recipient only.
If you are not the intended recipient do not take
any action on it or show it to anyone else,
but return this email to the sender and delete your copy of it.]