[AG-TECH] VenueClient, cPickle error

Randy Heiland heiland at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 21 14:04:11 CDT 2003

I'm trying to run the VenueClient on Linux (works fine for me on Windows), so
from AccessGrid-2.0beta/bin, I manually run 'RunMe.py' script, i.e., I run the
AGServiceManager, then the AGNodeService, then the VenueClient.  From the
VenueClient, I get the following (I inserted the debug print to see what
'myVenuesFile' was):

myVenuesFile=  /home/heiland/.AccessGrid/myVenues.txt
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "VenueClient.py", line 942, in ?
    vc = VenueClientUI()
  File "VenueClient.py", line 76, in __init__
    wxApp.__init__(self, false)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/wxPython/wx.py", line 1742, in
__init__
    _wxStart(self.OnInit)
  File "VenueClient.py", line 100, in OnInit
    self.frame = VenueClientFrame(NULL, -1,"", self)
  File
"/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/AccessGrid-2.0beta/AccessGrid/VenueClientUIClasses.py",
line 133, in __init__
    self.__loadMyVenues()
  File
"/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/AccessGrid-2.0beta/AccessGrid/VenueClientUIClasses.py",
line 543, in __loadMyVenues
    self.myVenuesDict = cPickle.load(myVenuesFile)
cPickle.BadPickleGet: 116

Anyone experienced this or have a clue about the 'BadPickleGet' error?

thanks,
--Randy