[AG-TECH] CPU usage by beacon

bernholdtde at ornl.gov bernholdtde at ornl.gov
Thu Apr 17 16:54:22 CDT 2003

I've started running the multicast beacon again, after installing the
snap-006 linux version. I'm using client v0.63, which appears to be
the latest, and jre-1.1.8 which is part of the snap-006 distribution.

On a 900 MHz box, it is using 25-55% of the CPU, which is a lot more
than I remember from the last time I paid attention to this, which was
admittedly a while ago.  What are other people seeing for beacon CPU
utilization?  Is this reasonable?

Thanks
David E. Bernholdt                   |   Email: bernholdtde at ornl.gov
Oak Ridge National Laboratory        |   Phone: +1 (865) 574 3147
http://www.csm.ornl.gov/~bernhold/   |   Fax:   +1 (865) 574 0680