[AG-TECH] Solving PAL <> NTSC with VIC

Justin Binns binns at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Sep 6 10:12:35 CDT 2002

I'm working with the RPMs available for RedHat 7.x.  In
/usr/local/ag/lib/video-config, there's an entry for each camera as
follows:

<capture_card bandwidth="800" device="v4l- BT878(Hauppauge (bt878)) /dev/video1" enabled="true" encoding="h261" frame_rate="25" input="Composite1" number="0" purpose="MAIN" quality="75" video_mode="NTSC"></capture_card>

As this line is dynamically generated from the 'setup-config' stuff (as I
understand it), yours may or may not have the video_mode="NTSC" part, but
you could probably add a 'video_mode="PAL"' portion - honestly, I'm not
certain (and it's hard to test, because we of course don't have PAL
sources ;-).  If that doesn't work, I'm not sure what else to try, though
I'm sure someone's solved this problem - hopefully one of the other
European nodes can provide some insight?

Justin