[AG-TECH] Solving PAL <> NTSC with VIC

Luc Renambot renambot at cs.vu.nl
Fri Sep 6 11:12:15 CDT 2002

Ok, I spent my afternoon, tracking the same problem, since
I was reconfiguring our node. I was sure there was an option
for selecting the video mode, and couldn't find it either
anymore. So I downloaded the Java sources, and there's
code (a combo-box) to select that, with default to NTSC.
But the sources, from the CVS tree do not compile
(tried with jdk 1.2 and 1.4, after installing them!)
since it's setup from Windows. Then, I remembered that
I updated the AG RPMs. After an uninstallation of AG software,
and new installation from the old CD (AG July 2001).
And then, "voila", the old "setup-config" tool with
selection of the videomode !

BTW, anyone using VIC on WindowsXP ? The "autoplace"
option seems to recognize only the first card (2 outputs), and
not the whole desktop (4 outputs). It's was fine under Win2000.

Luc.