[AG-TECH] AG's in developing nations

Don Morton morton at cs.umt.edu
Tue Mar 26 10:43:38 CST 2002

All,

In a recent, informal survey of who has AGN's and who doesn't,
it looked to me like most of the AGN's are in six of the eight
G8 nations, and 5 elsewhere (actually, 6 if you count North
Dakota :)).

Are there any groups/individuals that folks know of who are
seriously asking the question, "how can we help developing
nations jump into this world of distance relationships?"

I ask because I can apply for sabbatical next Autumn, to be
taken the following AY (2003-2004).  I want to do something
exciting, challenging, and very importantly, meaningful,
and that sort of thing requires a lot of long-term planning.
I'm not sure yet where I'd start, wondering if there are
others with such aspirations who may have  begun to
investigate such issues or, if this is truly a "put it
together yourself" kind of venture.

Thanks,

Don
--
Don Morton                   http://MRoCCS.cs.umt.edu/~morton/
Department of Computer Science       The University of Montana