[AG-TECH] Kids on the Grid

Barbara A. Kucera bkucera at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 26 12:53:15 CST 2002

I like that Marty . . . let's expose children to the AG and let them see
what fun technology can be.

Barbara
------------

At 08:33 AM 3/26/2002 -0600, Marty Hoag wrote:
>    Now that the H.323 picked up on the idea first floated here and
>some may be deviating from the original "Take your daughter to work
>day", maybe the event on the AG should be called "Kids on the Grid"
>as someone else suggested.  It could be on the same day but
>differentiate it a bit to fit with whatever a local site is doing.
>
>    By the way, I had the same question that Barbara did about why
>only daughters.  As I recall the reasons for that are spelled out
>on the "Take Our Daughters to Work" web site
>http://www.takeourdaughterstowork.org/ if you are curious
>about it (e.g. click on Activities for April 25 and then the link
>at the top on "Activities for Boys").  But then we had only
>boys so what do I know?  ;-)  Anyway, using something like
>"Kids on the Grid" would work for most places which ever way
>they go on April 25.
>
>    marty

Barbara A. Kucera
Alliance/EPSCoR Liaison
National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA)
(217) 244-0131 * Fax (217) 244-2909

"It is a shameful thing to insult a little child.  It has its feelings, it
has its small dignity; and since it cannot defend them, it is surely an
ignoble act to injure them." - Mark Twain